Nothing like jumpstarting your metabolism with a little Lemon, Ginger and Cayenne as we mosey into Spring. This delicious mocktail is a play on the Lemon Cayenne Master Cleanse. Flush out all the stagnation from winter and start fresh. This lovely mocktail has The Herb Shoppe's Signature Bitters to help jump-start and nourish your digestion.
You first want to infuse honey with the Ginger and Cayenne. This will stay fresh and delicious for a long time. Make sure you strain all the Ginger out of the honey while the honey is still hot! Check out my blog and video on making herbal infused honeys for a step by step.
This mocktail is delicious warm like a Hot Toddy, or chilled over ice. Enjoy it all year long!
Here’s what you will need to make this mocktail:
- 7 oz. Lemonade or fresh squeezed lemons (try Meyer lemons for a little extra flavor)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of chopped, fresh Ginger
- Pinch of powdered Cayenne
- 16 ounces of local honey
- THS Signature Bitters
- Optional: Ginger Beer/Zevia Ginger Beer
To Make Your Own: Ginger, Cayenne Lemonade Mocktail
- Infuse honey with Ginger and Cayenne. Check out this video for instructions on how to infuse honey!
- Take your lemonade and warm it up for a few minutes in a double boiler add approximately 1-2 ounces of infused honey to it. Mix it up till the honey is dissolved.
- Add 1-2 full droppers worth of the THS Signature Bitters to blend.
- Shake til all ingredients are blended.
- Pour into your glass and enjoy! If you want it to be bubbly, add 2-4 ounces of ginger beer of your choice.
- Serve hot or chilled. For a little extra spice add an extra dash of bitters on top of your shaken drink.
Learning to make your own herbal products is a fun evolution to bringing balance to your life. On your person and in your home. We understand that not everyone likes to make his or her own products.
We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series, Beginning in 2021. In this 4 month, hand-on, program we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body and home. Space is limited. Secure your spot today! (Insert Link)
To set up an herbal consultation with me email: email@example.com