These delicious bowls live up to their name...Yum Bowls. The "Yumm!" sauce from Cafe Yumm is a PNW favorite, but you can order it to enjoy anywhere. I love their original sauce for this blend, but they have a few other options to play with also. (https://www.cafeyumm.com/menu/yumm-sauce-dressings-salsas/)
These bowls are so simple, and you can mix the ingredients up so the whole gang likes them. We have added our special touch to the rice infusion with our Lemon Pepper Turmeric Seasoning blend. In this blend, lemon peel and garlic are combined with turmeric and black pepper to create a zesty seasoning to incorporate food as medicine into your daily meals and snacks! Turmeric is renowned for its anti-inflammatory components, and studies show that it is even more effective when taken with black pepper.
Here’s what you will need:
*Makes approximately 2-3 bowls*
- 1 Tablespoon of the Lemon Pepper Turmeric Seasoning
- 1 cup of jasmine rice, brown rice, or quinoa
- 2 cups of broth or water (I use broth)
- 2 cups black or pinto beans
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
- Fresh avocado slices
- Tomatoes or salsa
- Black olives
- Cheese and a dollop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Protein of choice such as Tofu, Chicken, Beef, or Salmon
- Fresh cilantro
- Yumm! Sauce of choice
To make your yum bowl:
- Add 1 Tablespoon of the Lemon Pepper Turmeric Blend to the water or broth, and your grain of choice. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then let simmer until soft. Let the flavors infuse into the rice or quinoa.
- In a separate bowl or pot, heat your beans until warm.
- In a bowl or on a plate, combine your grain with your beans.
- Top with onions, salsa, olives, avocado, and protein.
- Add Yumm! sauce on top with cheese, sour cream, or yogurt.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Dive into your healthy bowl and eat up!!
We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in-depth to make all your own herbal products we will be offering our Make Your Own Product Series as a recorded class in the future.
To set up an herbal consultation with me, email: firstname.lastname@example.org