- .50 ounces/1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil or Almond Oil
- .50 ounces/1 Tablespoon Shea Butter or Coconut Butter
- .75 ounces/1 1/2 Tablespoons Beeswax
- 5 Drops Vitamin E Oil
- 8 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 3 Drops Sage Essential Oil
- Use a double boiler to melt beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil.
- Once all three ingredients are completely melted, remove them from the heat to cool.
- Add vitamin E oil and essential oils to the melted oils and beeswax.
- Mix well and carefully pour the into deodorant container.
NATURAL DEODORANT OPTION 2
- 1/2 cup Unrefined Coconut Oil or Almond Oil
- 1/2 cup Unrefined Shea Butter or Coconut Butter
- 1/2 cup Food-grade Diatomaceous Earth
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Powder
- In a double boiler, melt the shea butter and coconut oil.
- In a separate large bowl, stir the diatomaceous earth and arrowroot powder together.
- Pour melted shea butter and coconut oil mixture into the powder mixture, and stir until completely combined.
- Allow the mixture to cool and harden, preferably over an ice bath for faster cooling.
- When it looks like the deodorant is half way hardened, meaning there is still a small pool of liquid on top, remove from the ice bath, and take out your electric hand mixer or emulsion blender.
- Blend the mixture until there are no chunks of hardened deodorant left.
- If you blended the deodorant too soon and it’s still not solid enough to pour into your containers, put the bowl of deodorant onto the ice bath for a minute or two more, then blend with it there in the ice bath.