As we roll into fall weather, foods, and colors, I crave warm soups and savory foods. How about you? What is your favorite fall food? Fall foods tend to welcome in ALL of the pumpkin spice and other warming spices to help keep our circulation pumping as temperatures begin to cool off. Here at The Herb Shoppe, we created our own version of the traditional Herbs de Provence blend to add to your favorite dishes.
Our Herbs de Provence seasoning is a combination of herbs that grow abundantly in the Provence region of Southern France. Our blend combines herbs like Rosemary Leaf, Lavender Flower, Sage Leaf, Fennel Seed, Marjoram, Tarragon, Thyme, Basil, Oregano, and Peppermint Leaf. This blend is wonderful on your favorite protein, in soups, gravies, or salad dressings. It makes a great addition to a spice cabinet and is fun to use all year long. Check out this recipe for roasting chicken with our Herbs de Provence blend.
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 baking sheet
- 4 large chicken breasts with skin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons Herbs de Provence
- 2 Tablespoons of melted ghee or olive oil
To make your own roasted chicken with Herbs de Provence:
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Allow the chicken to get to room temperature for approximately 30 min.
- Rinse and clean your chicken, then part dry.
- Mix melted ghee or olive oil with salt, pepper, garlic, and Herbs de Provence Blend in a small bowl. Then, rub the blend of spices all over your chicken evenly.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet with the skin side up.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes. The internal temperature should be 170˚F.
- Once finished cooking, let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve up with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in-depth to make all of your own herbal products, we will be offering our Make Your Own Product Series as a recorded class in the future.
To set up an herbal consultation with me, email: email@example.com