Expand your taste buds and get creative with our Chicory Cacao Rub Blend. Your kiddos might be excited for vegetables more when you tell them they have chocolate on them...
If you are like me, you are always looking for new ways to eat your vegetables. Make a big batch of this blend each week and then sprinkle it in with your weekly favorites. You could also use this same root vegetable blend to make a potato salad or hash. This spicy blend is savory and perfect with so many dishes and sauces.
Here’s what you will need:
- 3lbs of root vegetables (my favorites are beets, sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnips)
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cup of ghee
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons of THS Chicory Cacao Blackening Rub
- Salt & pepper to taste
To make your roasted roots:
- Preheat your oven 425 degrees.
- Cut up all your vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Heat your ghee just a little and add all your spices together.
- Put the vegetables in a bowl and pour the ghee spice blend on top.
- Mix it up so that the ghee and spices have covered all the root vegetables.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spread out the coated vegetables evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Stir them and roast for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Let them cool and eat up!
Learning to make your own herbal products is a fun evolution to bring balance to your life. If you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products, we will be offering our Make Your Own Product Series as a recorded class in the future.
To set up an herbal consultation with me, email: firstname.lastname@example.org