Over the past few years, there's been a lot of talk about stress and anxiety. In one way, shape or form, we have all experienced varying levels of stress with the pandemic. One thing that is important is to remember that you are not alone and asking for help is key. In herbalism, we are grateful for all the nervine plants that are growing on the planet for us. Some are gentle like Chamomile and some are way more sedative live Kava Kava Root.
Stress can be worsened by our environment, food imbalances, and many other lifestyle habits. If you want to take a closer look at your stress levels, we offer full herbal consultation sessions, as well as our Sliding Scale Monthly Community Clinic. For a sliding scale clinic appointment, email us at email@example.com with the subject line "Community Clinic."
Read on to find simple tips on how to manage your daily stress.Stress Relief Tips:
- Take a Deep Breath: Take some deep breaths. My favorite new breath technique for stress and anxiety is to take a deep breath in from your nose and do a longer and slower release with your mouth just slightly open. Do this a few times until your nervous system has grounded itself.
- Go Get Some Exercise: The level of exercise each person needs may vary, however, I have personally found that some gentle yoga, a stroll around the neighborhood, or just a quick bike ride through nature helps my brain get organized and calms me down.
- Meditation: There are so many free mediation channels on Youtube and online. I love the Insight Timer App for most of my meditation sessions these days. It can be a quick 5-minute meditation on stress release or something longer. Check it out and see what works for you!
- Laughter: Joy and laughter are key to increasing serotonin levels. Maybe you want to watch something funny or hang out with some friends that bring you joy. Whatever your ticket is, allow yourself some time to raise your energetic vibration with some joy.
- Emotional Release: It is okay to feel whatever you need to feel. One thing that I have felt is helpful is to be in the moment. Disconnect where you need to. Maybe you have a routine when things feel tough. Its good practice to do a little tracking of your emotions for a week or two and then you can build in some of these above techniques to help bring you peace with you need it.
- Herbal Support: Take your herbs! Nourish the nervous and adrenal systems to help bring balance on the regular. Check out our September monthly specials catered to this (& 15% off through Sept. 30th) here.
Stop by and see us to view our complete line of THS Products, create your own custom blend in our blending bar or set up a consultation with me to dive deeper your health needs. To set up an herbal consultation with me, email: firstname.lastname@example.org